Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Nadine

Nadine
 
As you know, I went to Nadine's house today. It was almost like old times. We talked for hours about everything. She even showed me a story that we wrote when we were younger that she apparently adds to every now and then. It was hilarious. It has such classic one-liners that I wish I could share with you but I can't.
 
She also showed me heaps of stuff that she got from America which was cool, and made me feel as if I'm already there. She got this huge rainbow poncho and said that she would wear it to uni. I asked if she cared if everyone would think it's weird and she said, "People will judge me anyway so I don't care". I really admire that sort of confidence. (I care way too much what everyone thinks of me.) This probably plays a big part in what attracts people to her. She apparently has a whole line of male admirers that she rejected. It's amazing how much people love those who don't care about how they are perceived. This to me is like that bit in Harry Potter when the kids had to relax while they were being strangled by snakes in order to be freed from them.
 
We are now talking on MSN which is new. Maybe it'll make us keep more in touch. I really miss talking with her like we used to.
 
Ever since I became really close friends with April, I keep comparing her to Nadine. Which is stupid because they are two completely different people. April is very conservative and would think hundred times before doing something while Nadine is the most outgoing person you would meet and does everything based on emotion. When I'm with April, I get pulled down to earth or into an imaginary dreamland where reality seems boring in comparison but with Nadine I get dragged into the craziest REAL situations (which always give me such a high).
 
I guess they are friends to my two contradictory personalities. April is friends with the serious introverted part while Nadine is friends with the childish extroverted one.
 
But somehow I always feel closer to Nadine. Even if I don't talk to her for months. I really don't know why.

No comments: