Sunday, July 18, 2004

Loving Winter And The Secret Treasure Chest

Loving Winter And The Secret Treasure Chest.
 
Finally, it feels like winter. Freezing cold and just wonderful. I’m not being sarcastic in the slightest. I may be one of the very few people who like cold weather. To be more precise, I like being warm in cold weather. Everything feels cosier and more comforting.
 
It was so windy today that the electricity went out for about 30 minutes and it was already dark. After I realised that the darkness was going to last more than just a couple of minutes (the way it usually does), it quickly hit me how difficult it would’ve been when people lived without electricity (something that I’ve always taken for granted).
 
My eyes had nothing to focus on but shadows which made me want to close them. But since I didn’t want to go to sleep, it felt weird doing that. Then I realised that it was a great excuse not to do anything that put pressure on my eyes (i.e. computer, TV, reading etc.) and I started to enjoy it.
 
My Dad went to my grandparents so my Mum, Andrew and I sat on the couch amongst blankets and cushions and talked. It was great family quality time. I don’t think we all have ever just sat around and talked without being distracted by other things (especially my Mum who always has to do at least two things at once).
 
It was nice to stay home today in such cold weather.
 
Yesterday, I (and April, Claudia and Christine) went out and as usual I didn’t put on enough clothes. It was so cold, I couldn’t stop shaking.
 
We went out for dinner which wasn’t very eventful. Sometimes it’s nice to eat quietly with others without having any awkward silences or very demanding conversations. Yesterday was just that. The only peak of our conversation was Claudia telling us about rejecting a guy (that she met at a dance party) who asked her out. (This is the guy that Christine passed on to her after deciding that she didn’t like him.) The other peak was them teasing me about Ben when Claudia asked me about him after everyone making such a big deal last week when I thought I saw him. Christine was saying how I got a secret boyfriend (since she doesn’t know the exact details). I quite enjoyed that so if anyone ever feels like teasing me about my non-existent boyfriend, they are welcome to do so.
 
After dinner we split up. Christine and Claudia wanted to play video games (something that I can’t stand) so April and I went to some bar that was supposed to have live music. When we got there, we didn’t hear any live music (probably ‘cause it was still a bit early) but what we did find was a guy heaven. We finally found a place that had respectable looking guys OUR AGE and there were SO MANY of them!
 
We stayed at that place for no more than ten minutes (one of which took finding a non-discrete place to wipe our running noses from the freezing cold that we came from, another two checking the place out, two minutes to find a good spot to place ourselves, another two to develop a code for cute guy sightings and two to use the developed code, and one to take a call from Claudia telling us that she was getting picked up and to go and say our good-byes). So we left the bar, promising to come back soon. We waited with Claudia until her brother came and then went home (since Christine had to get up early today and April was getting a lift with her).
 
At least now we know where all the guys our age are hiding on Saturday nights.

No comments: