Sunday, July 04, 2004

The Party

The Party

So I did go to Katie’s party yesterday. I fixed my problem of going there alone by meeting up with Sophia first. Some problems are so easy to resolve – if only everything was that simple.

I won’t say that it was a great party but it was ok. There wasn’t much of an opportunity to mingle because everyone stayed with their friends. That was a bit disappointing. But the most disappointing thing was that there were no guys that I even wanted to mingle with and get to know. I spent most of the night talking with Sophia, Sally and Sam. Sam was on a constant high as usual. He gave me the weirdest compliment that only a design student would give. Don’t want to say it here in case he ever reads it but if you want to know, tell me and I’ll email you. I think I’ll write in my (paper) diary so I won’t forget. Now, why can’t a guy that I like say something like that to me?

Mark was there. I’m not even sure why he came cos he’s not really friends with Katie. He sat in the corner for most of the night, right behind me. I pretended he wasn’t there. I think he pretended the same. If he really wanted, he could’ve come up and talked to me – he was sitting only a chair away. Jack was there too but he was far which was the way I liked it. Fortunately, Fabian didn’t come but Warren decided to take his place and annoy me. He wasn’t that bad though. He’s having a birthday party in a week but I don’t really feel like going. He’s not inviting any of his high school friends so no new people to meet (and that’s the only reason I go to parties :P).

At the end of the night I got into my sad mood of wishing I had a boyfriend because so many people there were with their boyfriends/girlfriends. I also feel that I’m stuck in a particular circle of people that makes it so hard for me to meet a guy that I would like. But I don’t know how to break out of that.

No comments: