Sunday, July 31, 2005

The Film Moment

Last night David and I went to watch a movie. He told me to come to his house 7:30 sharp so we wouldn't be late but when I got there, he was still in the shower. His stepdad (who opened the door for me) was actually friendly to me (unlike before).

I waited in his room and it was funny when he came out with his towel around his waist (like one of those typical films or Passions). For some reason I got a bit embarrassed and tried not to look at him, which was quite silly because 1. he's my boyfriend and 2. he wasn't naked.

He asked me for his opinion on which jeans he should wear. Like I cared. He looked good in all of them. Then, he asked me for my opinion on what to wear to the cocktail birthday party next weekend. I convinced him that wearing light pants was a definite no but couldn't make him see that wearing his blue shirt would make him look much cooler than the cream one.

I'm a bit nervous about introducing him to my uni friends. None of them know I have a boyfriend so it'll be interesting to see their reactions when for the first time in four years I bring a guy to a party.

Anyway, we went to see Monster-in-Law and there was this quote when the guy says to Jennifer Lopez's character that even though he only knew her for a few months, he felt it was a lot longer and something along the lines of him waiting all his life for someone like her (don't remember the exact details). So while he's doing that little speech, David turned to me and said, "That's us".

He was laughing so hard during the movie and it had the typical cliche jokes. But it's fun to have a boyfriend who likes watching movies that are aimed at the female audience.

No comments: