Friday, July 01, 2005

Feeling Sick

Didn't sleep all night because of the horrible flu. Got the worst headache because I couldn't breathe and my throat felt totally dry because I was trying to breathe through my mouth. And must've had a fever because I was hot inside but cold outside. Time never goes slower than at night when you're sick. Spent hours trying to come up with a message to send David to cancel tonight that required the least effort writing. Then my mind wandered to what it would be like if David rushed over to make me tea/chicken soup or some other thing people make those who are sick. Couldn't decide if I'd rather him come over and be his caring self or not come and see me in my terrible sick state. Not a pretty sight.

When morning finally came, I felt so bad that I couldn't even get the strength to call work. Had to get Mum to call for me. How childish. Although it was a relief not to talk to my agent since I told her yesterday that I would definitely be coming to work today. How was I supposed to know that I was going to get worse after I started feeling better?

After taking various medication and drinking tea, at about 11am I managed to get up. The headache was gone and I could sort of breathe through my nose. It's amazing how much better I feel during the day when I'm home. I sent David the preplanned message. Still no reply. I'm sure he's not too happy having me cancel at such late notice but it's not like I wanted to. He could've sent me some get well wishes or something. And I'm pretty sure his work started after I sent the message so it's not like he didn't see it. Anyway, I'm not going to worry about upsetting him since I haven't done anything wrong.

I'm more annoyed that it's only my first week at work and I'm already skipping two days. They better not fire me. I don't remember the last time I skipped work/uni because I was sick. I always feel a little guilty calling in sick because I assume that the person will think I'm faking it. Even yesterday when it was obvious my voice was really hoarse and breaking, she said, "Sounds like you're feeling much better".

No comments: