Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Just Happy

Work seems to go for soooooooooo long because it's soooooooo boring. But I don't mind too much because I have a boyfriend. I always used to say that having a boyfriend would make any problem easier. And I was right. I had worries that I was just one of those people who could never be happy and now I'm relieved that my only problem was being single. And now that's been fixed, everything else seems minor and not worth worrying about in the long run.

The best thing about my current job is that it's in the city and therefore there are tons of places to go to have lunch. So not having someone to have lunch with isn't so bad. I entertained myself people-watching. There are so many people having lunch by themselves, I wish I could just go and talk to them. The youngest person who works with me is in her thirties so can't be friends with her. Especially that she's not the friendly type. Would be great to have someone to chat with on my break but oh well. At least I'm not in the middle of nowhere like last time.

After lunch, I ran into Kelly. She told me she hangs out with the same people as Nadine. That was so suprising since Nadine never mentioned that. It made me miss having people my age to spend the working day with. I still feel like such a kid. I just want to do fun things all day and talk with people my age and not have the same routine every day. I wonder if I'll ever grow out of that...

Unintentionally started complaining about my frustration with not being able to find a career-related job to David yesterday. And my worry that he thinks less of me because of it came out. Of course, he said all the right things to make me feel better. Told me to be patient and to just keep trying. I wanted him to tell me that he was certain I was going to find a job because other people's confidence in me builds more in myself. But he didn't.

I'm so going with the flow with this relationship. There are good and bad things (about him) but the good always outweigh the bad. The major thing that outweighs his bad characteristics is that he always has the ability to make me feel absolutely wonderful and special. And no one (except my family) has ever made me feel that way. And being the self-centred person that I am, I'm stuck on that. It's like a drug. At first I was waiting for the moment when he would drop his act of a very caring and sweet guy but after a few months of knowing him, I'm starting to think that maybe he's naturally caring and sweet.

I really have no idea how it's going to end but I'm enjoying every moment of something that I've wanted for way too long.

me: you have an eyelash. Make a wish
David: you make a wish too
me: mine already came true
David: ohhhh! You're learning the skill of sweet-talking!
me: yeah, it's contagious

Lately, I'm noticing that I'm writing about how happy I am and I don't want to become one of those smug people who are in a relationship. I don't even want to be making excuses for what I write because this was always just supposed to be an online diary so anyone who stumbled on it would feel like finding someone's private journal. So if it sounds like I'm showing-off, all I'm really doing is gloating in my own happiness. Writing about the wonderful things that happen only extends them for me.

No comments: