Saturday, July 02, 2005

The Longest Dream

Could it be the little things you do to me
Feelings that I'm feeling are so new to me
I'm going through so many changes
Nothing ever felt as strange as
How my heart goes crazy
When you look at me.

When I'm with you it's paradise
No place on Earth could feel so nice
Through the crystal waterfall I hear you call
Just take my hand it's paradise
You kiss me once I'll kiss you twice
As I gaze into your eyes I realise it's paradise

Now I know the sweetest dreams can all come true
Cuz I found heaven here on Earth when I found you
It's nothing I can ever make up
I hope I never wake up
Just to find this isn't true reality.


- "Paradise", Kaci

me: do you believe in heaven?
me [in my head]: please say no
David: I believe you can make your own paradise on Earth
me [in my head]: perfect answer

Some mornings when I wake up, I feel like I've dreamt David and he really doesn't exist. Or that we haven't really been going out for a month. And that April and I still talk about how annoying smug couples are. But then I see the tacky heart he gave me and him smiling cheekily in the photo. And his poem is still in my phone. Then I know that I haven't woken up yet.

No comments: