Monday, July 04, 2005

Meet the Boyfriend

David met my family last night and my family met David.

Mum's Reaction
me: what did you think?
Mum: I didn't really see him properly
me: what do you mean?! You saw him!
Mum: but I didn't want to stare
me: but you did
Mum: did I?
me: yes
Mum: well, he's a nice boy
me: what do you mean 'nice'?
Mum: he's a cute boy
me: I thought you said he looked chubby in the photo
Mum: well, he wasn't. He was quite cute. But that's not what's important. As long as he treats you well.
me: I know. But you think he's cute?
Mum: yes, he is

Andy's Reaction
me: so?
Andy: I like him
me: you only said hello to each other
Andy: I could tell his personality though
me: how?!
Andy: he said, "How's it going?" when he shook my hand. That shows he's friendly. And when I said, "Have fun", he said, "You too"
me: he did?
Andy: yes. He didn't say, "Thanks" or "I will" which shows he's not self-involved. And he had a good handshake.
me: ohhh, what was it like?
Andy: not too hard but not too soft
me: so from all this, you decided he's a good person?
Andy: yep. When do I get to hang out with him?

Dad's Reaction
Dad: approve, approve

I don't know why I was worried how my family would take him because I shouldn't have doubted David's social skills. He said all the right things and was his usual charming self.

We had the house to ourselves for a few hours when he came over. Even though I haven't fully recovered from my flu, I was so happy to see him, I felt extra energetic. I was acting like a kitten around a ball of wool. I remember how at the beginning I would get really nervous to say/show how I felt about him but yesterday the nerves were pretty much gone. I was more spontaneous. Like when he tried to teach me some more complicated salsa moves and I couldn't concentrate 'cause I couldn't get over how attractive he looked and rather than just keeping it to myself, I said it. He laughed and...

Since I have a day off work tomorrow and so does he, we'll be spending the day together. Should be wonderful. Hopefully my nose will decide to unblock itself by then so I can breathe. The idea of having a weekday off is starting to make me feel guilty since I purposely have it off work every week so I can call up about job ads (something that was extremely difficult, if not impossible, when I was doing temp work full-time last time). Didn't want temp work to get in the way of me finding a real job this time. But a post about the frustration of my career crisis will be saved for another day.

No comments: