Monday, June 12, 2006

Behind the Curtains

How is your weekend going? Mine has been very well. No studying, no work. Can't complain.

Saturday night, went to David's house. When I got there, he started whining that his assignment wasn't working. So I sat on the edge of his bed while he was in front of the computer. He started talking aloud about what he was doing while I pretended to be helping.

(e.g.
him: if this should be [terms terms terms], then this should equal to [numbers numbers numbers]
me: yeah, exactly
him: ohhhhhhhhh, I see, this should really be [terms terms terms] which balances [terms terms terms]
me: precisely
him: this is excellent! It works!
me: yeah, that's excellent!
him: it was just that number
me: I know!
him: thanks! I've couldn't get this for an hour
me: glad to help. You know me, I'm an expert in finance.)

Then he made dinner for him and his sister, since his parents were out. He didn't know where they were because they didn't even tell him they were leaving. Not long ago, my Mum gave my brother a whole speech on why he should let us know when he's going somewhere so we don't think he's home when he's not.

His sister was in her room watching some foreign sitcom. She acquired a new piercing since I've last seen her. Later I realised it was a fake lip ring. This girl and David couldn't be more different. She's very arty and he's not. She's so rebellious and feisty, it makes him look like a doormat nerd. But they get along. Which is all that matters I guess.

We watched Prison Break. It's funny how that's like our 'little thing', a habit. When watching, I noticed how many huge guys there were. I mean seriously 'huge'. How do people grow to that size? Makes me feel really tiny.

There were a few moments when I felt so happy, I wanted everyone to know what David said to me. But at the same time it was personal and would seem like I was boasting. So all that energy that I have from wanting to share, goes back to David. Which I guess is a good thing. I just feel so extrememly lucky, I'm beyond words. If all that pain of being single for so long meant that I would have David now, it was all WORTH it! Can you even believe I'm saying this now?

I even had this vision that this was all a bit like looking at a stage with closed curtains. Behind those curtains was your future. When the curtains opened a little bit, there was nothing there so I thought that my future was going to be empty, when it was just that the curtains weren't open completely. David was behind the closed part. Now the curtains opened wide enough to reveal him.

On the way home, I picked up my brother from the station. He's so lucky to be the younger child and have me pick him up late at night when he wants to drink and can't drive. My parents would never wait up for me past midnight. I was a bit annoyed at having to wait for him for 25 minutes so I didn't care about asking him for gossip. Even David called worried that I wasn't home (since I prank his phone when I do).

On Sunday when I got over that, he told me a bit about what happened. He's met the 'perfect' girl. Amazing for Andy to describe someone like that. I urged him to tell me more. When he started with, "She was sooooo hot!", I lost interest. If that's the first thing he can think to say about her, it's his hormones talking and not his brain. He said that she was also nice and smart. That's all great, but that's not what stood out in his subconscience.

I mean, one of his close girl friends (who everyone thinks he should go out with), he describes as "really friendly and fun", "great person" and then also "very cute". That shows that even though she's pretty (which she is in the photo), he likes her more for her personality. This is the girl he doesn't want to ruin the friendship with.

So now, I'm a little suspicious of this really 'hot' girl. I guess we'll see what happens.

Went into the City with my Mum to go shopping. It was nice to spend time together. Although she started telling me who out of her friends she wanted to invite to my wedding. I told her, I wasn't getting married yet. She was like "I know, but we're just talking". Also told her it wasn't going to happen soon. She was like, "Why wait?" It was weird how I was taking the opposite side of myself. I was telling her, "Why rush, I'm still young. A few more years won't make much of a difference". Amazing. With David I'm the opposite. I don't want to wait. I'm not that young. A few more years is way too long.

My brother is the opposite. When he told me how my Mum was having a similar conversation with him, he was like, "I want to get married soon" and my Mum tried to talk him out of it. Told him he should work for a few years etc.

My poor mother. Andy and I are not good for her nerves. Which are not that strong to begin with.

In the evening, my Mum's friend came with her son (who's 20, I think). I swear if I was younger, I'd have the biggest crush on this guy. He's not 'hot' but he's got this really serious intelligent aura with a sense of humour, as well as a typical POBian look (tall and blonde) which makes me nostalgic. Plus, he speaks POBian, which is always a bonus.

We all chatted together - adults, kids - it was great. Wished David could've joined in but he wouldn't be able to understand anyway. He called later, sick of studying. I told him it was going to be over soon anyway. We both can't wait till his holidays when we can spend more time together. We can have our talks (which I guess we do anyway) and go dancing (which we've only been doing to the radio (not that's any less fun, just different). I guess it'd just be nice to see him more than once a week.

Today, a POBian woman from my Mum's work is coming with her husband and her 15 year old daughter. I met them once, at a show. The girl seemed really nice. A bit young for my brother though...

Love long weekends.

No comments: