Monday, June 19, 2006

Not a Laughing Matter

80% of my weekend was spent in bed. Fortunately I'm feeling better now. I can tell this because I'm finally able to get up and actually want to eat. (You could really tell I was sick when the sight of chocolate and fresh bread made me want to throw up.)

I'm still getting stomach cramps but it's not a constant anymore. And I don't feel like sleeping or even lying down. Definitely must be getting better.

Went to the doctor on Saturday but he couldn't find anything wrong with me. Said it was a bad case of the flu. I never knew you could have a flu without having a sore throat or a blocked/runny nose. My stomach was just in pain and he discovered I had a fever (something I very rarely have).

Was annoyed at David. When he called, he said, "Stop lazing around". I told him that's not exactly what I wanted to hear when my stomach was hurting. He said, "I was just trying to cheer you up". How cheery of him.

Ok, so I know he's stressing about his exams but he could've at least been a bit nicer to me. I don't think he understands the concept of illness because he's never really been ill. He doesn't know what it's like to feel so weak, you can't get up. I mean, I couldn't even remember a time when I felt like that. Still, he wasn't as sensitive about the whole thing as I would've liked.

I guess I just wanted to know he was worried about me and I really didn't get a sense of that at all. And I got even more annoyed when he said, "I wish I didn't have exams so I could look after you" and I said, "No you don't," and he said, "But it sounded good" and started laughing. So I got mad. He thought it was really funny. I explained to him that I didn't have any sense of humour when I was sick and he was like, "Oh, why not?" Someone wasn't getting my point at all.

Then today, even though I was feeling better, I told him that I might not be able to go dancing with him this Friday to celebrate the end of his exams if I'm still not feeling the best (so it doesn't get worse). And rather than saying, "Of course not, we'll go another time. I just want you to be in perfect health as soon as possible", he said, "Oh! But that's all I really wanted to do this Friday".

Argh.

And when I wished him good luck for his exams tomorrow, he didn't even wish for me to get better.

I might be acting like a child but he raised my standards of him. Before he was always extra caring. So now I expect him to always be like that.

No comments: