Thursday, June 01, 2006

In Search of the 'Right' Boot

Looking for the boots I want has been a lot like looking for the 'right' guy.

I have a very clear picture of them in my mind but no matter how many shops I go to, I just can't find what I imagine in my head.

Of course boots are not as necessary as the 'right' guy but I soooo want them!

They have to be knee-length (and not shorter or longer) black (since I already have brown), nice round toe (not pointy or squared), not synthetic (because that makes your legs sweat) or suede (because my brown ones have that material and I don't want the same), nice heel (not too high, not too low, not too thick, not too sharp, not wedged, not weird). Then I prefer this specific pattern at the front that some boots have (the front material extends into the front of the boot) which makes your legs look longer. Also, no cowboy boots. I want something elegant, yet funky, can be casual, can be sexy. Did I mention comfortable? And under $200, preferably under $150, more preferably in the $70-$100 range.

Do you think I have more criteria on that list than I had for RG?

Like I used to think about RG, I doubt my perfect boots exist. Although when I was in America I found something very very close. I was about to get them when I noticed they weren't in perfect condition because they were the last pair in stock and so I didn't get them. I probably could've lived with the small scratch.

Every time I walk into a store (even if I've already been there), I get this spark of hope that this will be the time I find them. And as always, I'm disappointed.

Since I've pretty much given up trying, I look at anything that might even be a little similar. Something outside of what I imagined. Who knows, I might not even know how fantastic some boots could look on me if I don't even give them a chance, right? So I gave some cowboy looking ones a go. They were too short. I asked to try on some drooping ones but they ran out of my size.

So here I am, still hoping that one day I will find the boots that will make me happy. Hopefully by the end of this winter.

No comments: