Thursday, June 22, 2006

Show Me the Money

I've decided to organise my finances. Not that they are a mess or anything. I just decided that I want to start recording everything I spend so I can see how much I spend on different things.

A new thought started appearing at the outskirts of my mind. And that is, I want to get a car. I rely on my parents' old car that I share with my brother for my transport to work. And to be honest, it can break down any moment. If that happens, I want to be ready to get a new one.

I don't want to get another really old one. Not saying that I want a brand new car. But I need something reliable that's going to be worth the money.

One thing that's stopping me from getting my own vehicle, other than the money, is wondering if it's worth getting a car now if in a couple of years David and I might be living together and might want to buy a car we both like. (His car has already broken down, but that doesn't stop him from driving it.)

I don't want to end up getting my own car and then having to buy another one that would be more suitable for both of us.

Yeah, I shouldn't think that far ahead, but I can't help it.

Dear David...

I did a weird thing yesterday. I was feeling down for no apparent reason. Just one of those days. So I wrote David an email. Almost like something I would write in my diary, instead I wrote it to him. It was honest, raw and sentimental. Something that would undoubtedly make me squirm later. And with each key stroke, I felt like the blank sadness was leaving me.

I asked him (in the email) not to mention that email to me if he ever read it.

When I was talking to him on the phone today and we were saying goodbyes, he asked, "Are you feeling better?" I assumed he meant my stomach but when he said, "I just want to know how you are", I later, after hanging up, realised that he was talking about the email.

Tomorrow is his last exam so we're going dancing. I'm just looking forward to seeing him.

No comments: