Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Where My Career Leads

Today I resigned from my permanent job.

Didn't I mention that the temp job offered me a position? Guess not.

I was so nervous today. I really didn't think that resigning would stress me out that much. But it had to be done.

And now I feel light-hearted that this is all over and I only have to work one more week at this tiresome place.

When I told my manager, she asked if there was anything she could offer me that would make me stay. "More money, more resources, anything?" I didn't expect that at all, considering we both know the company doesn't have any money, resources or anything. She said, "I knew we should've taken you out of that other job earlier! I'm going to call them up and tell them you're not that good but we don't mind keeping you."

When I walked into the CEO's office with an envelope in my hand and told him I was resigning, he said, "I know". I guess he had plenty of people walk into his office with an envelope in their hands and an apogetic expression on their faces.

I handed him the envelope and he said, "Thank you for the love letter".

I emailed Eve to tell her I resigned and she replied, "Fantastic!"

Well, the decision wasn't even that hard.

The position that was created for me will definitely last till the end of the year but after that I might become unemployed. However, after lots of consideration I decided this was a risk worth taking. I mean, I get so irritated with the perm job which is going nowhere. I love my temp job. And there's a good chance this contract might be extended even further. Plus, money is great (for me). That's always a good thing.

I feel like my life is creating a very obvious path for me right now and I have no chance but to follow it.

No comments: