Friday, June 09, 2006

Good Friday

I love Fridays. My day at the temp job went SO quickly. First time I looked at the clock, it was 11:30am and the next time it was 3pm. At my permanent job, I look at the clock every 20 minutes, at least.

The Director gave me some good news. She said she could easily fit me into the budget so it might even be possible to create a position just for me! If that can't happen, I can continue working through the agency. Either way I don't care. Sure, I won't be getting sick leave or holidays but my higher hourly rate would cover that.

I have new hope about my career again.

From today, I've started to lead a project. Feels weird to be 'the expert' as they call me and to tell people (managers!) what to do. The bad thing is that since they've liked my previous work, they expect something amazing with this project. Unfortunately I don't have as much experience in multimedia as I do with graphic/web design. It's still more than what the others know. And also, they said they don't want to pay $20 000 to an agency for something that's not too important. They think we can get a good outcome with me co-ordinating and the other people doing the work.

I'm happy I came up with a good concept for this though. Now it's a matter of collecting media and putting it all together.

Even though it's scary, it's exciting and fun at the same time.

The Director also told me we got short-listed for an award for which I designed the submission (in one day). I'm sure the fact that we got short-listed had nothing to do with the way our application was presented but it feels good to have been a part of it.

Yesterday, I went shopping with Mum. I didn't feel like it but I thought it'd be good exercise. Since I realised that I probably would not find any boots this winter, I bought myself something I didn't need. Isn't it always the case that when you don't need anything, there are heaps of stuff you like but when you urgently need some piece of clothing for some event, you can't find anything?

Anyway, I got this boho looking dress, something I always wanted but couldn't find one that suited me. This one made me look skinny and pretty and it was cheap! Only $60 (very good for a dress - for any males who might not know).

It's very rare when I try something on and think, "Wow, I look good". So I had to get it. Especially since I have someone to appreciate it.

One problem, I don't have anywhere to wear it to at the moment. It would look really good with boots but I don't have any.

Visited my grandparents after work. Made them happy.

Will have a quiet night. David wants to study and then watch soccer. He asked if I wanted to watch it with him. I wouldn't have minded if it wasn't so late.

He called me at almost midnight yesterday. I was getting really worried that he wasn't home that late and wasn't answering his phone. I forgot he told me he was working. I couldn't even go to sleep 'cause I kept imagining bad scenarios. Was glad there was all a perfect explanation. He wanted to talk but I was too tired.

He's been a little stressed lately. It always happens before exam time. And when he's worried about one thing, he starts feeling bad about others (more serious things). I do my job in telling him not to worry and that everything will be fine. It's amazing that just my confidence that everything will turn out is enough for him. He says he always feels better after talking to me.

Can't wait till July when we go on our weekend trip.

No comments: