Thursday, June 15, 2006

The IT Guy

He calls. He asks for me. He asks how I am. He makes jokes. He hates Macs too. He's patient. He goes that extra bit to help, even though he could just send someone else and make us pay hundred of dollars.

Yes, he's our IT guy. I only know his voice but that's enough to improve my mood at work.

I always remind myself how good it is to have a job, but somehow I still feel frustrated, bored, anxious and annoyed at work. Things never work. I end up fixing for most of the days. The smell from the warehouse gives me headaches.

So when I answer the phone and hear his friendly voice, I feel like there's one person I can chat with to break the monotony (almost wrote monogamy) of my day. Not that we have conversations about anything other than technical problems but that doesn't matter. These discussions are adorned with extra remarks that add some cheer to my thoughts.

As David said to me last night, "You are always welcome to distract me". I hope the IT guy knows that too.

No comments: