Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Change of Attitude Towards Work

I went with a different attitude to work today and it made a really big difference.

I got home late, but I'm not stressed. I took a lunch break, even though I had work to do. I drove to the nearest shopping centre and walked around there for about 15 minutes. Taking a break is really important to maintain your mood.

When things didn't work and I had nothing to do but wait while the computer decided what it wanted to do, I didn't worry about not finishing. Whatever could be done would be done. No point worrying.

Left at 5pm instead of 4:30 but I just thought how wonderful it was to get home in 10 minutes and before 6pm.

At work, emailed with Amelia and Claudia a bit back and forth. That gave me some joy to my day. Didn't have time to email April. Maybe tomorrow.

Wore the bracelet that David gave me for Valentine's and every time I saw it, I got a really content feeling.

Just absorbed the thought of earning money and that reduced my frustration.

No comments: