Sunday, June 25, 2006

The Sum of Us

Weekend = FUN!!!
David = Happiness

You can deduce what Weekend + David equals to.

Reason #156 I love David:
On Monday while talking on the phone, I heard David crunching on something. I asked him what he was eating and he said, "Pringles... mmm". I forgot Pringles even existed so I said, "I wish I could have some". On Friday, David brought me a can of Pringles.

After a night of dancing on Friday, and we were driving past some kebab shop, I said without thinking that I felt like one. He said, "You want a kebab?" and I said, "No, it's ok, let's go home. The craving will pass". So he said, "I know you want one", turned around and stopped near the kebab place. We got one to share because I didn't want the whole thing. I ate about half and gave him the rest and he said, "That's not half, have some more". God, it was sooooo good! Dancing always makes me hungry.

Today while we were in the shopping centre and I went to the bathroom, I returned to see David coming out of a supermarket. He handed me a large Aloe Vera drink which I absolutely love but never have the chance to buy because there are not many Chinese stores around where I live. He said, "They had 2 for $3 and I know you like it so I got you one." I haven't mentioned a word about the drink in months. He must've remembered how much I like them from our trip last year where all I wanted was that drink.

Reason #98 I love David
You know what we did in the shopping centre? We spent time in bookstores and browsed different books, showing each other what we found. And we both enjoyed the kids section.

In other random weekend moments...
David said that when we get the home loan, we can get a car loan at the same time. We talked about which car we wanted. He thinks we'll need a bigger one to have space for the baby seat and the pram. I'm sure the small one would be fine. I always feel lost in big cars and can't judge the distance around them too well. Plus, I'm short and don't feel in control of a big car. The problem is that David is tall and needs room to stretch out. Well, we won't worry about this just yet. But it's good to know he's thinking about the future.

It was my parents anniversary today. They were humourously retelling stories of their wedding and the horrible honeymoon. They said it was funny now but it wasn't then. My grandparents also came over and said how they didn't even have a proper wedding ceremony. They just went in to sign the papers. And they can't remember exactly what date it was. They only remember they celebrated it on my grandma's birthday, a few days before that.

I suggested that next year for their 50th anniversary, they should have a proper wedding and that my grandma should wear a white dress to make up for the first time. That image made everyone laugh. She asked, "Do I get to wear a veil?" I think it's a brilliant idea.

All these talks of weddings made me think that I don't really care much for one (mainly because they are too expensive), other than wearing the white dress and look gorgeous. I told my Mum this and she said, "Who's going to appreciate your white dress then?" and I replied, "David". Who else?

I know lots of girls dream of weddings and all that. I must be missing that gene or something. Not that I'm against them or anything. I think they are a great idea to be the centre of attention and have a fun party where you get to wear a gown you never can on other occasions. I just much prefer the part after the wedding, like the honeymoon and the marriage. You know the times when you have a partner to do stuff with all the time. To plan things, to have fun with, to unload to, to discuss everything. Have meals together, to watch TV, to sleep etc. To me, that's the best part.

And I can't wait to have that.

No comments: