Sunday, June 04, 2006

Give Your Soul Away

[Read full post here.]

My brother got home at 6am today which could only mean he had an interesting night. He filled me in on all the gossip with his friends. I swear, they have more drama than The OC. There was a love triangle. One girl found an improved version of her ex (who is totally in love with her) and brought him along. The ex was distraught. They only broke up 2 weeks ago. Andy said that in year 11 when he asked his friend how he felt about the girl and this guy shrugged and said, "I don't know, marriage?" And now this girl broke up with him (several times) and he's still pining after her. It didn't help that the new guy she brought along was a 'great' guy. As Andy said about his friend, "He gave his soul to her" (i.e. fell in love). I'm a little worried Andy is becoming so cynical about love.


Then one of his girl friends who loves Andy "as a friend". I mean, she calls him "Anie, my bestest guy friend" and rings him almost every day. Don't know how he puts up with it. Actually in the last few weeks he's been ignoring her because he said he's really tired of her. Then he said that last night "she was so hot! She had this short skirt and boots and her hair was all curly under her beanie. All the guys were staring at her. Man, why does she have such an annoying personality?" I said, "Life's unfair" and he said, "At least the others didn't know what she was like and they thought we were together because she kept holding my hand". I said, "You are such a user" and he said proudly, "I know". What a show-off.

Andy also saw his ex. Remember the girl I didn't like? Well she was there with a guy she started going out with as soon as they broke up. He said she didn't even say hello but he didn't care. He said it was because he didn't give his soul away to her. Thank God for that. Hope he can find a nice not self-righteous girl to 'give his soul to".

If you are wondering why I'm blogging about my brother's social life and not my own, it's because nothing even close to exciting happened at Claudia's party.

April didn't come, as expected. She knew she was going to be sick since Tuesday. I was feeling pretty bad too but I took drugs and came. David got a little bossy with his "Don't eat the ice cream cake. It'll make you worse!" I was like, "Please! I'll be fine. I'll eat slowly," and he was like, "I did that once. I thought I was feeling better but then I drank cold juice and the next day I got worse". I ignored him. He was starting to sound too scarily like my Dad. I told him that in the hope of freaking him out but he just said, "I just want what's best for you". So then he reminded me of my Mum.

He also refused to let me pay for him. I'm getting money now and I don't mind paying for him once in a while since he's a student and needs all the money he's earning for the daily things (like the expensive petrol to drive to my house).

Got home pretty early because the Cold and Flu drugs started to wear off. David stayed over. We talked a lot. I got a bit emotional because I wanted to know what was happening with us and more importantly 'when'. Why do I have to be so impatient?

He said we can start looking for a place in the middle of next year. That's what I wanted to hear. He also said that if we can't afford to buy, we will rent and not wait till we have enough money. Another thing I wanted to hear.

I told him I felt like he was being pressured and would only do it because I wanted to. I said I wanted him to want this himself. He said he just wanted to be with me. That was all he wanted.

I have given my soul away but I knew he'd keep it safe.

No comments: