Sunday, February 05, 2006

Adore

I had a wonderful busy weekend.

On Saturday, I went to the dentist. It wasn't as bad as last time (i.e. didn't feel the usual pain).

Afterwards, I went to Christine's party. All the guys (Evan and Mike) came which was unexpected. I could've invited David. What was even more unexpected was that I had so much fun that I didn't want to go to David's house, as I promised him I would. Don't know if it showed because when I forced myself to get up and tell everyone I had to go, Mike said, "I'm going to call David and tell him you're crying because you don't want to leave".

At the party, I noticed how cute Mike and Claudia were together. It's good that I have my own perfect boy so I didn't feel any envy, only pleasure that my sweet quiet friend found someone who obviously adores her. At one point, Claudia's top slipped to one side revealing her bra strap and Mike fixed it for her because she obviously hadn't noticed. It's so cute how he looks out for her.

We played some board games and for once April and I managed to come first. We were ecstatic with joy because we're usually hopeless. I guess I could mention that Claudia was also on our team and definitely helped.

For the next game, Christine made us change teams so I had to go with Evan. Now, that was a little awkward.

When I got to David's house he was in a bit of a weird mood. He was just watching TV and I got a little bored, especially having just come from a really fun get-together. He noticed. As he always does. Turned out he was invited to go out and couldn't go because I was coming over. I told him he should've told me because I wouldn't have minded but he said he didn't want to change our plans. Anyway, I managed to cheer him up. Not hard. He's like a kid when he's feeling down.

Then we were talking and somehow got onto the topics that we need to always avoid - religion and politics. He said something that got me so upset I had to leave the room. I went to sit on his balcony. It was nice and cold to numb me. I knew he just didn't articulate himself properly but I was still so mad that he said what he did.

A few minutes later, he came outside and asked what I was feeling. We started talking about everything. How we had different views on issues we feel deeply about but how neither of us wants to break up and how we could overcome our disagreements because we just wanted to be with each other. I started crying, for the second time in three days. For the same reason. Felt so weak but David was really good about it, like last time. He said he would start a family whenever I wanted (earlier than he originally planned) because he just wanted me to be happy. I tried not to take that statement too seriously in fear that he might not really mean it and I didn't want to get my hopes up. Although, the fact that he thought about it practically (e.g. he said I should get a job before we start planning anything) made me think that he was serious about what he said.

Realised once again that if we talk things through, we always work everything out. Before, I used to think that being in love was not enough to sustain a relationship but now having the experience in being in one, I realise that when you really love each other, you're willing to compromise or even ignore certain things because you just can't imagine being without one another.

David begged me to stay over and even though I felt a bit weird doing that, I was too tired to drive home. Called Mum and for some reason she sounded worried. She wanted me to come home but she didn't want me to drive if I was tired.

We had a really good talk. I told him things about my family I never discussed with anyone. It's amazing what memories come to me when you have someone who wants to know you inside out. I told him how I felt about relationships and how I wanted to follow in my family's example because all my grandparents, parents and most relatives are happily married. He said, "This is like a pyjama party! Tell me more." I felt so lucky to have the coolest best friend. One of the reasons I think we get along so well and connect with each other is that even though we're adults, we both have a childish nature.

I was supposed to leave in the morning, but David was like, "Please stay for lunch!" with his puppy eyes which I couldn't resist so I stayed. Called Mum to tell her. We had to go to the shopping centre to buy food for breakfast. That was cool, almost like we were married or something. David noticed and said it was cool to go shopping together.

We watched "Schindler's List" because I wanted to after reading "The Girl in the Red Coat" (which I loved) and David got a little emotional. While we were watching, he kept hugging me and saying, "I'm so happy I have you. Don't want anything happening to you". Yes, I could've been a little bit weirded out by his sudden emotional state but it felt strangely comforting to feel so important to someone, especially him.

I was about to leave after the movie when he said, "Stay for dinner and then I can come over to your house". I couldn't believe he was serious. Don't know why but I was so happy he was coming back to my house with me. I had already started to freak out about tomorrow and I needed any distraction I could get. Mum called to see where I was and when I told her I was still at David's, she was like, "Have you decided to move there?" Last time David spent the weekend at my house, his Mum said the same thing to him. I said to David, "My Mum thinks I'm moving here and your Mum thinks you're moving to my house" and he replied, "But we're really moving out somewhere else, together". Exactly what I was thinking.

Getting really nervous about tomorrow.

me: even if I get fired again, it makes me feel better knowing I have you
David: you'll always have me
me: promise?
David: double promise
me: even if I get fired hundred million times?
David: yes

No comments: