Sunday, February 26, 2006

Latin Love

Last night I wanted to be South American. This thought didn't just suddenly appear in my head. It was when we went to a club that had a Brazillian Carnivale event.

When we got there, not a lot of people were dancing. Only a few confident ones. After standing around for a bit, we decided to join in. Since neither of us knew any Samba moves, I didn't feel too comfortable, especially that everyone was watching the few people dancing. When David dragged me into the middle of the floor, I just got so tense because I didn't want to be in the spotlight so I tried to pull David to the side of the room but he didn't want to go there. I got so annoyed at him for not understanding that I didn't want everyone staring me. I wasn't in the mood for dancing anymore.

So I just stood around, holding up the wall. I was watching the crowd and wished I could be as confident as the Latin girls. They were so into it and had this ability to look really stunning and warm. While I was awkward and self-conscious.

After I convinced David not to dance in the middle, I got into it. I couldn't help but still watch the South Americans. It's hard to describe but they dance so differently. I guess it reflects their culture, which I'm so in love with. I need to try to be more open and relaxed in public. It looks so much more attractive.

No comments: