Tuesday, February 28, 2006

More than a Girlfriend

Don't know if you remember but I think I've mentioned how there was an ad for young writers with interesting backgrounds to contribute to a TV show about Australian youth. Since I thought it was a great opportunity to get some of April and my TV show storylines, I called them up.

I got invited to their workshops but I couldn't go because I was working last week. However, I got a summary email of what went on. They got the writers to write a scene which would show who they are. Like, where would you be seen, with who, what would you be doing? That sort of stuff.

That got me thinking, what would I write? What scene would show what sort of person I am? The majority of my time I spend with David but have I just become a girlfriend? Is that who I am right now?

There is definitely more to me than just that. If I could have more than one scene, here are what they would be:

- April and I chatting online/phone or sitting in a train laughing so much our stomachs hurt
- David and I at a Latin club, salsa dancing
- me looking for work/temping at yet another company
- having lunch with my girlfriends (and maybe some of the boyfriends)
- blogging
- talking with my family in the kitchen
- hanging out with David (at home, at the beach, in the city)

What scenes would describe your life?

No comments: