Thursday, February 09, 2006

A Could-Be Possibility

The guy at work who I thought was POBian actually is. I asked him today when he was looking for something around my desk. He lived in Australia for three years and before that he was in America for four years where he studied multimedia and television. We actually started talking in POBian which was a bit weird because it's been like forever since I've met any new POBian people. That was pretty cool. He said he couldn't tell I was from there as I have no accent. I told him I was here since I was nine years old. Later when he asked me what year I came to Australia, I wondered if he was going to figure out how old I was.

I'm not really sure about his age. I'm guessing mid-twenties.

About 10 minutes after our first conversation, he came to my desk and gave me a POBian DVD that another POBian guy from the IT department gave him about POBian Art. I watched it since I had no work to do. It was ok, considering I'm not really into Fine Arts.

After I returned it to him, he asked if I wanted to see a POBian cartoon he had. I said I did but it didn't work on my computer so I couldn't watch it. He offered for me to watch it on his computer during lunch but I didn't feel like wasting my break in front of a computer.

The guy's pretty funny. He made me laugh with his impersonation of the narrator of the POBian DVD.

If I was single, I'd be preparing myself for disappointment that nothing would ever happen. However, since I have my wonderful guy, I don't want anything to happen. (I just wonder if it would.)

In other news, Claudia got a job at the company I temped at, thanks to me. She's very excited. I'm really happy for her but I got really sad for myself. You'd think helping out a friend would be really rewarding (which it is), but why am I not happier?

Talked to David on the phone and he insisted that I come to his sister's birthday dinner, even though she didn't officially invite me. He told me to stop being silly and to just come. Am I being silly?

He also has this stupid idea of buying a toaster as a wedding present. I told him to say good-bye to that thought and banish it from his brain forever as I'm sure all a newlywed couple needs is another toaster. He agreed to postpone his wedding present shopping till the weekend when I can go and help him buy (i.e. choose) the present.

No comments: