Monday, February 27, 2006

Just Life

Today I felt the end of summer. It rained so hard, my Dad woke me up to give him a lift to the station. I can see some sun shining through now.

I have no job again. Can't help but have a little hope that the graphic designer I replaced for the last three weeks will decide to leave. I did see that she visited some webpages recently about work in another state. Is it too much to hope that she's going to move there? Soon?

My Mum and my brother are going to POB in April. My grandpa (Mum's Dad) is not feeling too well and she wants to visit him. Andy is going because he's been wanting to go there for ages now. So it'll just be me and my Dad for two weeks. If I ever go to POB, I'm definitely taking David with me. I have actually been craving to go to Europe. Unfortunately nothing can happen until I am fully employed.

There are so many things I'd like to do after I start working full-time. Serious things.

Funny, the only thing that was stopping me from getting what I wanted was not having a boyfriend. Now I'm stopping myself with my lack of job.

Today is David and mine 9 months anniversary. Time flies so quickly. For most of last year I had a boyfriend. How weird. To think I was so sure we'd break up quickly and had absolutely no future. I guess when you're single, everything about relationships seems very black and white. Things that you think are such a big deal turn out to be nothing at all. And things that you think are not important mean so much. Experience teaches a lot.

On another note, I was searching for some new blogs to get into (as I do once in a while when my old favourites either stop or don't interest me anymore). As always I was looking for something personal and honest, a blogger either I could relate to or find fascinating. I didn't expect for it to be in French! Amazingly, I can understand most of it. Maybe if I spoke fluent French, I wouldn't find the simplistic language so interesting, but since my level is only what I learnt at school, the short easy-structured sentences and simple vocabulary describing one young woman's life made me totally addicted. The bad thing is once she changed to a new blog, she stopped writing regularly so all I have now is the old posts.

Any good blog suggestions are more than welcome.

I should finish reading my library books. And also the one David's sister lent me. I'm sure she'd appreciate it back soon.

Talked to April last night. I was amazed how positive she was about finding a boyfriend this year. I hope her positivity makes all the difference. She already met a guy named David on her uni open day. I told her his name was a good sign already. (Since our lives are usually very parallel.)

Chatted to Claudia on the phone. She invited me to Christine's birthday party. How typical of her to get Claudia to call up everyone. Claudia said, "All boyfriends are welcome, but I guess I could only say that to you". I felt like I was in a special club. Can't wait till April (and maybe Amelia) joins. Although Amelia being single makes for lots of great stories. She always gets herself into 'situations' with guys that remind me of some bad soap-opera.

I think Claudia and I have gotten closer over the last few months. Hate to say it but I think it's because we both have boyfriends.

Don't know if to invite David to Chrtsine's 'drinks' on Thursday night because Claudia said Mike might not be coming. It'd be nice to hang out with just the girls. We haven't all gotten together for ages.

We were talking about our birthdays and Claudia said that turning 22 is when you definitely become an adult because 21 is still the transitional phase. All I can think is that at least I have a boyfriend so I'm very close to where I want my life to be at this age. I have the close friends, the family, the partner. Just the job bit is missing but I'm hopeful.

David and I have been seeing weddings everywhere lately. Maybe it's just psychological and we've just noticed them more. On one hand getting married freaks me out because of all the responsibility and moving out of home but on the other, it doesn't seem like such a life-changing event. I think it's all a matter of what way you look at it. Like, if you dramatise it and think it will turn your life upside-down, it definitely will be that way. But if you think that most things will still be there, they will be.

I think my unusually relaxed view of marriage comes from seeing my parents and grandparents. They are all very involved with each other and don't view it as a 'big deal'. Just another thing in life, like changing from school to uni. I think the biggest change in my parents' lives was moving to the other side of the world and having to start all over again. Now that was a major change.

Anyway, maybe my view of this will change with time. I hope it doesn't since most events are not what actually happens but how you perceive them. Life is just one big personal perception.

No comments: