Monday, February 06, 2006

My Dream Job

It's interesting how I become who I am because of my past experiences. For example, even though the day I was so nervous about turned out to be great and made me want to stay there full-time, I can't get too excited about it because I loved the first day of the job that turned out horribly.

The job of 'senior designer' was exactly what I want to do. I worked on designing the layouts and illustrations for two magazines. Do you even know how hard it is to get a job at a magazine?! Too bad I have no chance of staying there as I've been hired to replace the person who's on holidays for three weeks.

It was so much fun to do the designs for different articles. I had to get a feel for it at first 'cause I never designed for any print material. The text has to be appealing to the reader because no one wants to read pages of columns. After leafing through previous issues I noticed things like the text never fills more than half the height of a page for all columns.

The articles were also quite interesting to read so that was fun. I always thought it'd be cool to read for a job. And I get to use my design skills which I always wanted to do. I don't want my degree to be a waste. I also loved the creativity aspect. Plus, I had two huge screens at my disposal and best of all, the don't have Macs!!!

The people seemed really friendly too. The manager hasn't seen what I've done yet though so I don't know if he's going to like it. I hope so. I tried to do it in a similar style.

I guess I can only go with the flow of my unpredictable life right now. Who knows where it might lead, if anywhere at all.

No comments: