Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Perfect Valentine

Just thinking about it puts a smile on my face...

Finally finally finally I wasn't alone on Valentine's Day.

Of course I still think it's a silly day, but that didn't stop me from enjoying it to the fullest.

Seeing flowers being sold and bought everywhere didn't bother me in the slightest. Seeing couples everywhere didn't put me in a bad mood. The salesgirl asking me whether my Dad's birthday present was a Valentine's present only made me smile.

I couldn't help but wonder if David was going to get me a flower or something. He said not to expect anything fancy. Like I would anyway! I was just happy to have a boyfriend. I didn't care about anything superficial.

When he came over after work, I saw him hold a red envelope. He got me a card, how sweet, I thought. Then he took his arm from behind him and he was holding a rose. I couldn't help but laugh. I got a rose. From a guy. On Valentine's Day. It was just too funny. After I stopped giggling like some silly school girl, he said, "Check what's in my pocket" so I put my hand there and took out a box. Inside was a bracelet. I'm quite picky with things like that so I was impressed he got me a cute funky one that is still currently around my wrist. It's silver with a heart locket and a little purple stone. I love it. I would've loved anything he got me.

My present for him seemed a little odd but I knew he wanted it for ages so at least it's useful.

I told him that girls are lot easier to buy for and he said he's been looking around for a while trying to find something for me because he couldn't find anything he liked. He said he wasn't even sure if I'd like a funny or a cute card better. I cannot believe he put so much effort and thought. That's what means the most to me, not the actual present. He got me a Friends Forever card. I guess I would've gone with a funny one but cute is perfect too.

We went to the beach for a walk. It was wonderful. He said I made him happy.

In other news, I got a job interview next week. I'm not even nervous. I've been to too many to be scared. The chances of me getting it are minimal but I have nothing to lose. I wish I could stay at my current temp job.

The work is so much fun and I like the people. The editor of the youth magazine and I went shopping together during our lunch break. It was so nice to hang out with someone my age. She's not the type of person I'm usually friends with but she's nice and easy-going enough for me to like her.

Then there's the photographer who's great to chat with. She reminds me of people from uni. Didn't talk to the POBian guy much but he adds to the nice atmosphere. The editor of the women's magazine is an elderly lady who reminds me of a warm neighbour and is great to talk with too. The editor of the news magazine came back from holiday and I've talked to him quite a bit in the last two days. He has a lot of editorial experience so it was great to discuss my designs with him. I also mentioned to him that I'm looking for a permanent job and how much I enjoy designing for the magazines there. Hopefully he has some influence in finding opportunities for me to stay there. Doubt it but letting people know my position can only help.

Tomorrow I'll be meeting up with the girls for dinner. I think we'll be celebrating Claudia's new job. It'll be nice to catch up. David will be playing soccer so that should be good for him. Even though he always says he doesn't need anyone other than me, I know he'd like to hang out with some guys.

I'll see him on Thursday for my movie premiere. Should be interesting. So many things to look forward to!

And you know, for the first time in years, I'm looking forward to my birthday.

No comments: