Sunday, February 12, 2006

My Boyfriend, My Friend

Spent the weekend with David again. On Friday, he called me up to say he didn't feel like staying home and wanted to do something. I had a headache but I invited him over. We went to see a movie which was pretty long but good.

On Saturday, we went to buy the wedding present which was harder than I thought. He also refused to let me pay for half of it. I'm starting to feel weird about him insisting on paying for everything. He said he wanted to be the 'nice one'. I told him if he wanted to be nice he should let me have a turn at being nice. He's always so nice, I feel guilty.

Then when I was buying some nice chocolate for his sister, he bought some for me, even though I told him I shouldn't have any. He got me the dark chocolate which I love so much.

In the evening we went to celebrate his sister's birthday. I talked to her heaps which was great. I want to be able to get along with his family which currently I do. Even though she's almost 5 years younger than me, I don't really feel the age gap so much. I guess I haven't really changed since I was 17.

In the morning we both read the Sunday paper. The same article at the same time which probably looked kinda weird. He was holding one side and I was holding the other as we read about single people who are happy. I know those articles only try to make single people feel better but they never worked for me.

Afterwards we went to a beach for a walk which was really needed. I feel like I've been overeating during the last week. Could barely eat yesterday because I felt so full.

I need to lose some weight. I've stopped paying attention to what I eat lately. Sitting all day in front of a computer with only a lunch-time walk doesn't help.

When we got back from the beach we played a game where we took turns in picking a random city from our globe and the other had to guess which country that city was in. David won. My Mum walked in on our game at the time David was gloating about winning. She looked from him to me and muttered, "Kindergarten". I know deep inside she was pleased I found my playmate.

This week will be busy. I have the film premiere, the wedding and a concert on the weekend. We were also thinking of going dancing on Friday night.

When David was going home, he said, "I guess I'll see you on Thursday then". That got me a little panicky because what about Valentine's Day? Of course I always said it was just a consumerism excuse of a day but that was only because it reminded me of my singleness. Now that I have someone, it's a reason to have a day that is not ordinary like the others.

I only had to say, "Only Thursday?" when David asked, "What's wrong?" Felt really ridiculous about feeling bad about not seeing him for Valentine's Day. I mean what's the big deal, it' s just another day. So I was like, "Nothing's wrong, but don't you want to see each other before then?" and he said, "I can come over on Wednesday". Then he looked at my face and asked, "What's wrong? Tell me". So I said, "Don't you want to meet up on Tuesday?" and he just cracked up laughing. He gave me a hug and said, "Of course we'll see each other on Tuesday! Did you think I forgot?" and kept on laughing.

So I felt like an idiot making such a deal about stupid Valentine's Day. I told him we didn't have to do anything on Tuesday. He said, "But I want to make you happy and I know you looked forward to it for a long time". I said I didn't really care and he already made me happy without that day. He said, "But I want to make you extra happy!"

Just knowing that he wants me to be like that makes me incredibly happy.

No comments: