Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Girl Talk

Work was... ok.

Now, moving on.

April emailed me to tell me that apparently we both know Nadine's friend. (The one I talked with at Nadine's party. The one who dramatises and the one who thinks David is hot.) We both used to refer to her as 'a friend of a friend'. Never realised we were both talking about the same person.

Called April when I received her email and we discussed it extensively. It was really nice to chat with her. Haven't done that in a while. I hope to see her at Claudia's birthday party this weekend. She's been sick, as usual.

Gossippng with April made me miss spending time with my school friends. Lately when we go out, we always end up separated into couples and haven't had a chance to enjoy some good girly talks in a very loooooooooooong time. It'd be good to go on a holiday together, just the five of us.

I don't regret not going on the holiday with the uni girls though. I realised that it's not because I want to spend every moment with David. I just don't get that sense of excitement and cosiness that I get with my school girl friends. They uni girls don't have strong personalities. Sure, they are all nice and sweet but it's not the same.

I wonder if I'm going to end up being friends with Veronica. She has a distinctive character and that always appeals to me.

I think reading the book about female friendships has made me nostalgic for some girlfriend company.

Don't get me wrong, having a boy best friend is fantastic and I can be completely happy with just that. Having girl friends is just a nice extra. Like cake. You don't really need it but it's nice when you do.

I was talking to David about top qualities he likes in a partner. He said attractiveness, intelligence, sense of humour and being strong minded. I guess most of those qualities are what most people look for.

But what do people want in a friend? I read somewhere reputable like 'Girlfriend' (years ago) that in friends we look for qualities that we like within ourselves.

I'd like to put this question out into the world (or at least to people who read this):

What qualities are most important to you in a partner and which ones do you cherish in a friend?

No comments: