Thursday, November 11, 2004

Being Selfish

My brother asked if it's ok if he invites his girlfriend over today and I don't know why but I was totally against the idea. It's so selfish of me and I wish I didn't care. But for some reason I just don't like his girlfriend. I'm still not sure why. She's nice, smart, pretty and she really likes my brother. Maybe it's the over-protective big sister streak in me but I don't think that's it because I wouldn't mind him going out with Jen (a family friend).

The more I think about it the more I feel that it might be because I can't relate to this girl. She's too perfect. She acts too cute, too nice, she's too tall. And she doesn't seem to have a sense of humour. She's like the most standard nice guy's perfect girlfriend.

And when I asked my brother if she has said anything about me, and he said that after meeting me she said, "I'm sure she's the nicest person!", that kind of condescension really annoyed me.

Andy is taking Jen to his formal because he asked her before he started going out with Vanessa and Vanessa isn't even going to be here for his formal. I wish Jen liked my brother enough to want to go out with him because at least she's a real person who's not perfect and she is very clever and funny.

I wish I'd just like Vanessa because it's never a good idea to have a conflict with my brother's girlfriend 'cause that's not fair to him. I'd hate it if Andy didn't like my boyfriend.

Or maybe I'm so against her coming over because I don't want to see yet another happy couple right under my nose.

No comments: