Wednesday, November 10, 2004

My Career

I met up with my 'boss' today to show him what I've done and see what exactly he had in mind since I actually haven't spoken to him until today.

It turns out he has very unrealistic expectations - he wants the logo to be an 19th Century Art masterpiece. I tried to explain to him that a logo has to be simple and he agreed but he still wants an illustration fit to be a movie with lots of characters and a complicated backdrop.

*Sigh*

I came up with an idea that would still capture the feeling that he wants but without millions of details. Really hope he likes it because I honestly don't think it's possible to create what he wants. I talked to my Dad about it 'cause he always has good ideas about such things and he totally agreed with me. And he really liked my idea (which is rare).

Now I just have to make my idea a reality and use my communication (i.e. manipulation) skills to convince the guy that I know what I'm talking about. Especially that he seemed to really want me to agree with his choice.

Ahh, this is what my design career will be like - lots of clients with unrealistic expectations. Can't wait!

No comments: