Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Where My Thoughts Lead

I think April and I are way too obsessed with movies and TV shows. We see every event of our lives (no matter how small or insignificant) as a possible scene.

Anything that we find even remotely funny, we imagine how it would look like as part of a TV show or a movie. We are the main characters, of course. And everything revolves around us.

I don't remember where I saw this quote "Your purpose in life may be just to serve as a warning to others". Not that I believe in everyone having a purpose since I think everything happens by chance but that is such a depressing thought.

So if I believed that, my purpose in life would be to warn others that "If you're like me, you'll end up alone and crazy". And it might also be to make April feel better about being alone and crazy. But then her purpose might be to make me feel better about being alone and crazy. So what would be the point of having 2 people living just to make the other one feel better.

I think my thought process is leading me into bizzarre territory (like when nothing made sense in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass).

Time to go and read my library book. Really don't want to return it without finishing it and only coming back to it in a month.

No comments: