Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Break From Uni

Break From Uni

I've been doing uni work and one part of my assignment that I thought would take 3 days, actually took me an hour. Such a phenomenon happens so rarely that I should take advantage of it and finish the other stuff early too. And I have started on them but I'm getting so tired of writing essays and reports. It feels like I'm never going to finish. I wish I could just fast forward to Monday (the last day to hand it in).

America is getting so close, I can almost touch it. I hope the craziness with their elections won't affect my trip too much. There's always terrorism at the back of my mind but I can't let it get to me because otherwise I might as well stay home all my life and never venture anywhere.

I still need to get shoes that I can take there because all my ones are so old they're falling apart - not a good thing when we are going to be walking A LOT. Can't even remember what it's like to have below 0 temperatures and snow! I just remember that nice feeling when it's snowing but not too cold and everyone's cheeks get a really nice red glow and your skin feels really clear. And I loved how when it's snowing, the windows get pretty frosty patterns on them.

And hopefully, Lauren and I are going to miss at least some of the Australian summer heat when it's impossible to breathe. It's going to be great. It can't not be. I'm putting myself in that laid-back holiday mood where if something doesn't go to plan it's just another chance at a spontaneous adventure. Like the time when my Mum, my brother and I were returning from POB and our plane was so late that we missed our connecting flight and we had to spend a night at Singapore. Some people were annoyed about that but I thought that it was great because I don't think I would have ever gone there otherwise.

So if things go to plan, it's going to be great and if not, it might be even better. As long as there are no dangerous surprises. I can definitely do without those.

No comments: