Monday, November 08, 2004

Home Work and Other Things To Do

Home Work and Other Things To Do

I got a job. Well, sorta since I'm not sure if I'm going to get paid for it (depends on how much they like it) but I don't care. It's going to be great work experience.

I have been asked to design a logo and a website for a friend of a family friend. I can do all this from home which I guess doesn't make it seem like a real job. Maybe I'll put on proper work clothes when I do this so I can focus better. Otherwise it would just feel like some uni assignment which I do in short blocks (depending on when I get stuck) and make trips to the kitchen in search of snacks and get distracted by the internet (especially writing here).

Although they are not in a rush, I've given myself a 2 week deadline so I can get it done before I leave for America. I will start from tomorrow and will set specific work hours and a lunch hour so I can get into some routine.

Here's my plan:

9-10: start work
1-2: lunch
4: finish

Great work day, huh? I think so too.

Oh, and no music while working. No wait, maybe a little. Only if I work faster. Will pretend my boss is in the next room (to make me get less distracted).

I'll see how it goes.

Now that there's only 2 weeks till America, I'm starting to realise how many things I still haven't done.

Still need to get travel insurance.
Still need to buy Disneyland and Universal Studios tickets.
Still need to email that American girl to see if she wants to meet us in New York.
Still need to call the tutoring agency so they can find someone to replace me.
Still need to finish all library books.
Still need to get shoes.
Still need to get a ticket to a TV show.
Still need to get everyone's Christmas presents because there won't be enough time when I get back.
Still need to alter my dress for the formal.

Still need to write a proper list of things to do.

No comments: