Tuesday, November 16, 2004

The Little Events of the Last Two Days

I was going to write something amusing but I completely forgot what.

I met up with Nadine today. She took me to a shoe outlet place near her house. After my 2 months search for shoes, I've found a pair that I'm relatively happy with. Nadine (or anyone, for that matter, who goes shopping with me) should be given a medal for their patience. I'm the pickiest person on the planet (and no, I haven't met everyone on the planet but I'm sure I'll be in the top 10, at least). Although, the clothes and shoes that I do own, I wear for ages.

After my shoe purchase, we went to Nadine's house and chatted there for a few hours. She told me how she can't wait for her 10 year reunion because she can bring one of her hot guy friends and show-off to everyone who gave her a hard time. She hated her high school with a passion (which was understandable since it was the high school of the primary school that I went to which I also hated; think - lots of snobby rich kids whose purpose in life is to make nice kids' lives hell). Even though she was always loud with me, she used to be very shy in high school but at uni she finally showed her real self so people (from her school) would definitely not recognise her.

I always wanted to show off at my high school reunion too (but I guess most people want to be seen as successful) but at the rate I'm going I don't even want to go to my high school reunion. I don't want to go if I'm single and have a boring 9 to 5 job. I always wanted to go to a 10 year reunion with my husband and tell everyone about my 2 wonderful kids and my exciting job at a TV/film studio.

I told April this a while ago and she said that she doesn't care if she's going to be single and living with her parents, she's still going to go and see how successful everyone else is. I told her to let me know when she gets back.

Since Nadine had to go to work at 3, she gave me a lift to the station and I went home.

My 'boss' called me in the morning to tell me that my original logo with his added suggestions was perfect and he now wants me to do his website. I was planning on meeting Amelia tomorrow but it'll have to be postponed till Friday since I have to do a few different layouts by Thursday.

I also got an email reply from the girl that I was planning on meeting in New York. She said she has to find out exactly which days her exams are so she can meet us on her free days. She seemed excited about it. It's kinda weird because I don't even really know her that well. We just talked a few times in class and when I mentioned going to America, she said to let her know when so she can meet us (since she lives near New York). I guess it'd be great to have a local show us around.

Oh my God, I SOOOOOO cannot wait!!! I can't believe I'll be leaving in less than a week (sorry, can't tell you the exact date because I'm paranoid people might recognise me since I've been talking about my trip with everyone).

Oh! Andy's girlfriend is leaving for over a month today! Ok, I'll try to be less happy. As one person pointed out, I should put this in perspective - she's not a murderer or a drug addict and she makes my brother happy. Andy was saying how a lot of guys ask her out and she might find someone else overseas. Secretly, I really hope so. I'm starting to feel ashamed of my selfish thoughts. But I guess thoughts can't hurt anyone. My brother deserves someone better. A lot better. She's lucky to have him at all.

I saw the Sex and the City final last night. I had a sneaking suspicion that they were going to reveal Mr Big's real name. He actually looked like a John. Even though I never watched it regularly, I was satisfied with the ending. And does anyone think that Samantha's boyfriend looks like Heath Ledger (especially when he had long hair)? I think the thing I liked most about the show was the women's friendship because I can really relate to it with my close friends.

It's kinda sad that so many good shows are ending. I wonder if there'll be any new ones that would really involve me.

Last night I was chatting to some of my uni friends and they were all complaining about not liking their formal dresses. I felt quite happy that I liked mine. Then I tried it on again and for some reason I didn't look good in it anymore. I looked so plain and ordinary. Oh well, can't change the way I look.

Yesterday something really cool happened. When I went to tutor my student for the last time and I was telling the mother that I wasn't sure who they were going to get as a replacement and the mother said to me, "Oh, we asked the agency not to give us any replacements because we'd like to stay with you.". I felt so overwhelmed with warmth because even though they paid full term fees, they didn't want anyone else but would rather wait for me. I told them that if I get a full time job, I'd have to make the lesson later and she said that she didn't mind because she was happy with me. It's little things like that that make a single girl like me really happy.

No comments: