Thursday, December 22, 2005

Jealousy

David called and told me how all the girls at work started telling him personal things and asking for relationship advice. I can admit that I was very interested in all the gossip. Then he started talking about his girl friends back in South America and how some of them tell him about their sex lives.

Wasn't exactly sure how to feel about that. Can't say I'm too comfortable having these girls share intimate details of their personal lives with him. I asked him if he shared anything with them and he said that of course he didn't. Would it be naive to believe him? I don't know, I trust him because I know that if someone like Nadine tells me personal stuff doesn't mean I'd share anything personal with her.

I told him it made me feel a bit weird and he said, "Don't be silly. You're perfect, I don't want anyone else."

I always knew David had a lot of girl friends and it's not something that usually bothers me because I know how much he likes me, but sometimes I prefer he'd have more guy friends.

He said to me that he wouldn't like it if I had a lot of guy friends and I said that it was a bit of a double standard then and he said even though he trusted me, he had a bit of a jealous personality and so he wouldn't be able to help it. He said he liked me so much, it would make him feel jealous if there were lots of guys around me. Well, lucky for him, that's never going to be the case.

I told him I didn't care how many girls liked him, as long as he didn't like them.

I think I'm getting a tinsy bit of the jealousy monster creeping in. And it's for no reason at all. I think just the idea of losing him makes me feel irrationally.

No comments: