Wednesday, December 07, 2005

My Eccentric Friend

Met up with a long lost friend for lunch - Nadine. She was wearing the tiniest flimsy orange sundress and a large straw hat. I tried not to laugh. After some small talk about my trip and her life, she said, "Ok, let's just get to the good bits. I want to hear some gossip." I said, "Like what?" and she replied, "I don't know. All your secrets. Your love life. That kinda stuff." I said, "Let's hear yours first!" She said, "There's not much to tell" but for the next hour she spoke very loudly about her friends' sex lives. As we walked, guys turned to stare. I told Nadine to be a bit quieter and she was like, "I can't help it, I have a loud voice! Anyway, people think bad things about me already so I don't care."

She also told me that all her friends thought David was hot. That was a surprise 'cause I thought I was the only one who thought that way. She asked not to tell him but of course I did. If it was the other way around, I'd want to know. (Not that it would ever happen.)

My lunchtime was very entertaining, to say the least. I got back to work with a smile on my face, which felt good. The stress that had been accumulating had been reduced. Plus, I received a message from David telling me that he hoped my day was better than yesterday and that he loved me. Simple things like that ease my mind so much.

David came over after work. It was so good to see him! I missed having him near me so much. We got into a conversation about religion and I got really frustrated. I said that I felt like in the Matrix movie when the world isn't real until Neo woke up. I said I felt like everyone religious was in a dream world (because that's all they knew) and I just wanted everyone to wake up to reality. He didn't say anything in reply. Just said that he loved me.

No comments: