Monday, December 12, 2005

Soothing a Rejection

As soon as I called David to tell him about my new turn of events he said, "I'm coming over". I told him he didn't have to 'cause I knew he had to wake up early tomorrow and I also told him I wasn't in a good mood. He said he was coming anyway.

He came over at the same time as my Mum so they were both talking which was a good distraction 'cause I didn't feel like joining in. They made me laugh. When we were left alone, he asked what happend and let me talk while he just quietly stared at me. (I couldn't help but think how hot he looked.) Then he said, "I don't know what to say but I just want to be here for you".

Then we went to a nearby park and played on the playground. We went on the swings and the see-saw and on the flying fox. When I was on the swngs, he kept pushing me so hard I thought my stomach would jump out. It was so much fun, I could almost feel endorphins swim to my brain. Then we jumped around on some huge rocks. It was so something I would do when I was a kid. There's nothing like finding your inner-child to make you feel better.

He told me that it was for the best and that I didn't need to have that stress of being in a place where I wasn't appreciated. And that he was sure I would find a much better job. He was being just so completely wonderful, I felt so grateful to have him.

After he left, my Mum said to me, "In a relationship, one of the most important things is for your partner to be a friend 'cause that's all you need sometimes".

No comments: