Sunday, December 04, 2005

Just the Two of Us

The "Be All" or "End All" or even the could be "Nothing at All" trip with David was a huge success. I'm currently sufferring withdrawal symptoms from not having him with me. You'd think that almost four days of being together would make me crave a break but it's quite the opposite. I'm feeling restless and crave to tell him every detail that's happened since I got home. I want to tell him about Mum's interrogations and my grandma's (from POB) questioning over the phone.

Living with him for a few days was a good learning experience. Here are some new things I've learnt:

1. He snores so loudly, it's like having my alarm ringing the whole night.

2. Going through airport security might always take longer. David was stopped on the way there and back for a more thorough check. I don't want to assume anything but I can't help but wonder if it's because he's dark and people are paranoid.

3. He really does accept me the way I am.

Pretty much as soon as we got there, we had an argument. I got a call from a doctor about a very personal matter and I didn't want to tell him what it was about. Of course he got upset that I didn't trust him. Sure I could've lied and made something up but I didn't want to do that. I just wanted him to understand that I didn't want to explain. Not because of him, but for my own reasons. He got all serious and quiet. Since his mood always manages to influence mine, I got upset that the holiday we looked forward to for so long was starting off on such a sour note.

Since we were both annoyed, we went back to the hotel where he managed to make me tell him everything. I don't know whether it was his usual way of making me feel like whatever the issue, it's not going to be a problem or I decided that I might as well tell him while I had the opportunity and if he can't deal with it, better know about it now.

This whole thing reminded me of when I couldn't tell him he was my first boyfriend. I was so embarrassed. After I told him, my heart was beating so fast I thought it was going to pop out. I was so anxious to see his reaction. (I was glad I imagined different ways to tell him this before because I used some of my ideas to make it seem less of a big deal.)

When I finished, he sighed so loudly, I thought he was going to break up with me. He said, "That's it?!!! You know how worried you had me?!" Have no idea what he was expecting me to say. I mean, I did tell him from the start it was a call from a doctor so I guess maybe he thought I had some disease. He then said I was perfect and not to worry about [this problem] at all because he didn't care about it. He started making jokes and making light out of something that worried me for such a long time. I was so close to tears because I've never felt so relieved and accepted in my life. Finally I had nothing to hide from him anymore. I knew he loved me the way I was. It was everything I ever wanted to feel.

After that, the holiday was completely wonderful (even including little annoyances). When we took a little cruise down the river, the captain said that we looked like we were on our honeymoon. That made me smile.

It was so cool to come back to our little holiday apartment at the end of each day. Ordinary things like having dinner together or both of us going to buy some groceries for breakfast was a completely different world to me. I loved every second of it.

We've already stared planning our next trip.

No comments: