Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Liar Liar

Lying is an art form. I had this wonderful idea that I don't need to tell any interviewers that I got fired when I can tell them I still work at the publishing company. That means I don't have to explain why I don't work there anymore and they won't ask for a reference because they understand that I don't want people there to know that I'm looking for a different job. Good plan. But not as simple as it sounds. I have to remember that I can't talk about that job in past tense. I have to sound like I'm still working there. I also can't have interviews during working hours. Which was why I had to have one today at 8am.

I don't know if I'll get it. Highly doubt it. The woman said she was very impressed with how good all the candidates were and it was going to be a hard decision. I think that meant, "Sorry in advance".

I guess we'll see what happens. At least it made me feel productive.

On Friday I'm going to go shopping with David 'cause he said he needs some summer clothes. I don't think he realises that I'm using this as an opportunity to prevent him from keeping up his (intermittent) horrid dress sense.

Don't remember if I mentioned this but I'll be spending Christmas eve with his family which will most likely be kinda odd since it's just going to be his relatives. The next day (Christmas) my family is going to our relatives' barbeque. Mum said David was welcome and even though at first it seemed like a great idea to have David come along and keep me company, it doesn't seem like that anymore. I mean, it's going to be a very family affair and he's not family. Plus, I don't want to attract unnecessary attention from everyone since I've never brought a boyfriend to a family function before and they might think we're more serious than we really are.

Elaine is coming again and she'll be going which was why I wanted to go. But it's ok, I guess David and I could spend Christmas together.

No comments: