Monday, May 29, 2006

A Blank Afternoon

I'm home after my first full day at my permanent job. I don't have anything to do.

Well, actually I do:

- ironing
- cleaning my room
- organising my things
- learning Spanish
- exercising

But I don't feel like doing any of them.

What I feel like is:

- chocolate and more chocolate
- sleeping
- watching TV

Basically, all the lazy things.

If anyone wants to know my day was, I have one word for you: boring.

All I kept thinking was, "At least I have a job" repeatedly.

I got shown the large posters I designed and I thought they looked quite nice in that huge size. It's going to be all over the stores. Also the price tags looked quite appealing too. Not that anyone who buys our products would pay attention.

Had some problems with setting up my computer so I was talking to the IT guy for quite a while. Kept wishing he wouldn't be able to fix it any time soon so I could continue chatting, rather than doing work.

For lunch, didn't go anywhere because since it's a small office and there's nowhere really to go, it would've looked strange if I just got up and left for a while.

The office really stunk of the products from the warehouse. Had a shower as soon as I got home. Although I don't know how I'm going to keep the smell from being absorbed in my clothes.

Found out that the general manager (who hired me) will be leaving this week due to exhaustion. She will not be working, just taking off time to relax. The accountant also got a new job and left last week. So I guess they wouldn't have been too upset if I told them I was leaving. They just wouldn't have cared.

Oh well. I'm not leaving any time soon, that's for sure.

Was really glad to get home. Don't know why but I feel really tired. Maybe from the frustration of the boring tasks I had to do. And using a Mac just makes everything hundred times worse. Couldn't use half the shortcuts I can on the PC. It was also nice to know that my computer was the only Mac in the office because the previous designer refused to use anything else. Really hope we can at least get InDesign as Quark has way too many problems.

I'm looking forward to Friday when I can go back to my temp job. Even if it is only for a day.

I don't know, I feel really out of place. I don't mean at work, but just in general. Like something is not quite right. Probably my mind going crazy. Nothing unusual.

Have to remember to call Veronica tonight. Wonder what that's all about.

Looking forward to Desperate Housewives tonight.

Still have a few movies that I taped a while ago that I haven't watched.

At work, my ring broke. I really hope it can be fixed as it's my favourite.

This post is so random. Just goes to show I have time to write about nothing.

No comments: