Sunday, May 28, 2006

The Next Job

The job situtation has cleared. For now.

From next week, I will be working four days at my permanent job and one day at my temp one.

My Director couldn't get her Director to extend my contract because apparently it costs more to keep me than hire external designers. However, since I do a lot more than the hired designers, they would get more out of me for that extra money. So the big Director said that if the Finance manager supports my Director, he will support my employment too.

She talked to the Finance Manager and he said he would be able to shift the budget so that I could stay. My Director said it was "looking good". It just all takes times. I don't mind. I could continue working at both places for now and therefore get a 5 days pay, with all the holidays and annual leave and sick days covered. So I pretty much have the best of both worlds. And of course, I won't have to work at night and on weekends.

I still get to do the fun work and yet I still have the stability of a permanent job (even if I don't like it).

Maybe by the end of June, I will have a clearer decision whether I could stay at the temp job or not.

So from next week, my life will change. Again.

No comments: