Sunday, May 28, 2006

One and the Same

I called David and now I'm feeling the way he is.

He was all edgy because he was stressed and frustrated about not having enough time to study for his exams. He got the luck of the draw with all his four exams in one week. Poor guy.

I told him Claudia's birthday dinner will be at one of those Japanese restaurants where they throw around food. He never heard of them so I explained, "They get you to hold a bowl on your head and then throw raw eggs into it. If they miss, the eggs end up on your head".

Obviously I was exaggerating a little since I've never seen them miss. Then he said he didn't want to go there and couldn't I get Claudia to go to another place. I told him it was her birthday so I no, I couldn't tell her. Then he got all weird and asked if we could meet her afterwards. I told him I was going to go. If he didn't want to, he didn't have to. Then he got all annoying about it. I said I was going to let him go back to his studying. He said ok and we hung up.

Ok, I know what it's like to stress about not having enough time to finish things so I will try not to let his mood affect mine. Like it always does. Sometimes I feel like we have one nervous system. If he feels bad, I feel bad. If I feel upset, he does too.

I should distance myself from his stress, but it's hard. I want him to feel better.

I can't stop thinking about Friday night and yesterday. The ecstatic happiness. The contentness. Like I had everything I ever wanted.

I guess I should remind myself...

Oh my God, he just signed on MSN. Thought he should be doing work. I just read his quote after his name. It says, "It has been the best year ever baby!!"

I'm smiling now. And I can't stop.

No comments: