Saturday, May 20, 2006

Job Risks

There has been another twist in my job situation.

Yesterday I was told that even if I get extended for 6 months, since there might be restructuring, there's a possibility that all agency staff (i.e. me) would be let go.

How can I take such a huge risk, knowing that any day I may be left without a job? Of course it might not happen, but the point is that I won't know.

It's just my luck that management changed recently.

It makes me think that if you chase two things, you are likely not to get either. Does that mean I should just give up the most preferable option for the sake of getting at least something?

I remember quite clearly the hell of being unemployed and I don't want to go back there any time soon. The bad job is still better than nothing. And it does have the very strong advantage of being only 15 minutes away from my house. Maybe I can concentrate on that.

Anyway, I might not even get my contract extended so I'm not going to have anything to worry about.

No comments: