Tuesday, May 02, 2006

How To Make Your Girlfriend Love You

- let her have her way (if it's not too crazy)
- apologise (even if it's not your fault)
- when arguing, tell her you love her (which will distract her from her annoyance)
- if she disagrees with you, give her a hug and tell her you respect her opinion
- make her laugh, all the time, till she can't stop
- don't buy her off. You can't. There's not enough money.
- recall things she told you. It shows that you were listening.
- put in extra effort. Whether it's putting thought into a present or driving to her house three times in a row
- be her friend
- get along with her family
- point out her best points (e.g. "You are the funniest", "You are so clever") and tell her she's the most beautiful/hottest/amazing girl in the world (and you must truly believe this).

You might think, this is too female biased. But what you might not realise is if you do all that, your rewards will supersede all the difficulties in putting your pride aside. Your girlfriend will do absolutely anything for you. Most girls notice and appreciate when their boyfriends treat them like they're the centre of the universe. And in turn they will treat them the same way.

Quote

"Wait for the guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot. Wait for the guy who kisses your forehead, who thinks you are the prettiest when you have no make up on. Wait for the guy who would do anything just to spend time with you, and who truly believes he is the Lucky one!"

Silly quotes like that make me feel so lucky to have David because he does all those things, and more.

Spoke to April today which haven't done in way too long. We've been communicating lately in page long emails. We were saying how it's not about how many guys you know, it's about knowing just the one.

Maybe I was just lucky to skip all the wrong guys and go straight to the right one. Sometimes I just don't realise that even the right guy is not perfect.

I can't even explain it but it's an amazing feeling to love a person, knowing their faults. Even when we argue and disagree, there's still this underlying yearning. Like no matter what there's on the surface (difference of opinions, frustration at insignificant things etc), there's always love at the base. No matter how annoyed or mad I can be at David, underneath, I just want to be with him.

Sometimes it's scares me how much I depend on him. Take him away and I would feel like a part of me is gone. I guess that's how I felt before him. He already had a part of me and when I met him, he gave it to me.

Yeah, the practical part of me tells me that no one should 'complete' you. But it's impossible to control emotions. They just happen. I can't help the way I feel. I don't think anyone can.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

doesnt fucking work.

Anonymous said...

Seriously, just be yourself, dont be an ass, and dont be clingy

Anonymous said...

hi