Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Indecisive

The girls from uni are going on a weekend holiday together. They want me to come.

I don't really want to go. Mainly because I'd rather spend the weekend with David. I mean, I've only been seeing him once a week lately and it'll probably be the same after the winter break.

I was speaking with Katie yesterday and when I said I probably won't be going, she said, "Yeah, you have a boyfriend now". That really got under my skin. Mainly because it's true. I'm not spending time with my uni friends because I'd rather spend time with David. Is this wrong?

That made me feel really guilty and I started to reconsider going. I mean, if it's going to be during the uni break, I would see David on the weekdays. And it could be fun. Not like they are the most exciting people on the planet but when I was single I appreciated them a lot more.

I asked David what he thinks I should do and he said to do what I want and not what people are pressuring me to do. He's still not happy with them when they left me alone in the city in the middle of the night, even though they were all together in a car. I'm still not happy about that.

He said if I go, he might go see a guy from uni who invited him out of the city to his house in the country. I told him even if I don't end up going, he still can. He said if I'm not going he'd rather spend time with me.

So now I don't want to go with my friends, because I want to spend time with David too.

Katie asked me to tell her my decision as soon as possible so they can plan accommodation. I have no excuse for not going that they will understand. I mean, most of them have long-term boyfriends and don't care about going away for a few days without them.

Why are David and I so different? We're always stuck at the hip and want to do everything together.

Even though I worry about our mutual co-dependency, there's a part of me that loves that he'd rather spend time with me above everyone else and that he wants it to be as often as possible.

Do you think I should go with my uni friends? (All opinions are appreciated.)

No comments: