Tuesday, May 09, 2006

More Fun

A 21 year old at my work is engaged. Another one (mid-twenties, I think) is having her 2nd child.

I wish I was engaged and having a child. (But obviously not at the same time.)

I know some people my age who had serious relationships and are now single, who love their independent lives. They love being social and always going out with different friends, meeting new people. Even people in long-term relationships crave to do things without their partners (i.e. my uni friends).

I, on the other hand, am the opposite. I had years of going out with friends and meeting new people. I just want to be in a serious relationship now.

Don't get me wrong, I love hanging out with my friends. But I always love hanging out with David much much more.

For example, my uni friends are organising a trip interstate. And I'm just not that interested. If I was single, I would've loved to go! Now, I'd rather hang out locally, with David.

I don't know what happened to me but I don't even want to go pretty much anywhere without him. I even wanted to bring him to Claudia's house last Friday and wished Mike was coming just so I could have David there.

I was reading some of my previous posts from months ago and it was weird reading how unsure I was about him. There were so many times when I wanted someone else. How I didn't think he was smart. How I didn't see a future with him. At all.

When did this all change? How is it that I can't even imagine living without him? How he is the major source of happiness for me.

Even when I'm mad at him, I still love him.

Maybe going through all our disagreements made our relationship stronger. His acceptance of me, completely. My acceptance of him.

Maybe because our relationship is not based on just lust. Underneath it all, we are just friends. We love spending time together. Maybe this is all why I prefer to be with him above everyone else.

Simply, he's just more fun.

No comments: