Sunday, May 28, 2006

A Blast From the Past

I love surprises. Especially of the good kind.

Someone from my past called me who I haven't spoken to for a year and didn't ever expect to speak to.

I was actually planning on writing a post about how so many people have passed in my life (and I don't mean 'died'). They come and stay for a while, and then either they or I move on. Lots of people we speak to only because of circumstances.

For example, I have had many jobs over the last year and at most of them I made some sort of connections with people. Maybe if I had more time with I would've become good friends with them. I'll never know now. It makes me feel a little sad that I will probably never see these people again. There was just not enough time to form stronger bonds.

Anyway, you might remember one of these people was Veronica. The girl I only shared lunches with for the first week at my first career related job. Then she got a permanent job and left. I called her once after that and we never spoke again.

Well, today she called me. I didn't get to my phone in time and missed her call. She left a message, saying she wanted to get in contact with me again. I called her back but couldn't get through.

How bizarre. I wonder why she decided to call me after so long? Does she have something to tell me? Does she want to just catch up? What makes a person dial a number of someone they've only known for a very short time after a year of no contact?

I can tell you, I'm very intrigued! If she doesn't call back again, I might try her number tomorrow.

No comments: