Tuesday, March 25, 2003

Birthdays

I don't know where to start so I'll just quote Amelia in her blog:

"I am now convinced that I have the bestest most ass kicking friends in teh whole universe... can you feel the love ;_; I don't really have much reason to be happy right now but they make me feel all fuzzy anyway. Awwww..."

I feel very special now (especially since I was the friend who put her in that mood because after hanging out with me, she went home). I know exactly how she feels because these friends also make me all fuzzy inside. Most of our friends are the same people.

My birthday was today. I turned 19 which is nothing special really and although I don't have RG, I feel good. April and Claudia messaged me their birthday wishes and so did Nadine (after she remembered that I'm not home till after 10pm on Tuesdays). Lauren and Sophia gave me a very pretty birthday card (which was more than I expected).

Andrew gave me the sweetest present. He is the best brother ever! I asked for "mouth watering water" that's been advertised on TV for ages and he couldn't find it. So he bought every single flavoured water that he could get in the shops! Could he be any more angelic? He also didn't go to sleep until I came so he could give me the present. I could tell he was tired. He's my little angel. Well, not that little since he's heaps taller than me but since he's younger I call him little.

My parents said that all our relatives called. I'm kind of glad I wasn't home because... well, just because. It's still nice to know that they are thinking about me.

My grandparents made me some pies. Not just any but my grandma's special meat ones which you won't find anywhere. They are mouth-wateringly delicious. Trust me!

Yesterday we went out to celebrate Amelia's birthday. April didn't come ('cause she was a bit lazy which is not really an excuse). Although Georgia was there, I still had a good time. Amelia's happiness and warmth was very infectious and I couldn't help but be grateful to be there with her. I loved the look on her face when she opened my present. She couldn't stop laughing which made me laugh. I'm so glad she liked it!

Christine gave me a lift almost back home. While we were waiting in the car for my parents, she goes, "When am I going to see you?'

me: I don't know...
Christine: Well, do you want your present now, then?
me (getting excited): you got me a present?
Christine: Uh... yeah, but it's not wrapped. Do you mind?
me: no...
Christine: Ok, I'll give it to you now then.

She brings me these flannel pink pyjamas with blue and purple doggies and furry purple slippers.

Christine: It's from all of us - Amelia, April, Claudia, Emma and Bethany. I wasn't sure about pink...
me (in my head): how could you not know that pink is not my colour?
me: no, it's cool. I love these!

I do actually love the present. It's something that is really nice to get when you wouldn't buy it for yourself. And it summarises how my friends make me feel: comfortable, warm and content. (And secretly, even though I wouldn't wear it, I love pink, hehe.)

I'm surprised that Bethany chipped in because after she went overseas last year for the whole year and didn't e-mail, and didn't call when she got back, I thought that we weren't friends anymore so this was surprising.

After that Christine and I were talking about having a pyjama party so I could wear the ones that they gave me and Claudia could wear the ones that we gave her (my idea, by the way). Then she said something that started stressing me out. She suggested to invite Georgia! It was so nice last year when we never went out with her so why change it? She'd just ruin everything. I wish she'd disappear. I didn't say anything since we didn't organise anything definte.

I'm sort of jumping between yesterday and today so sorry if it's hard to keep up but lately I've been using this blog to keep a record of my life, like a real diary. So whereas before this was mainly for other people, now it's mainly for me.

Anyway, today Ronald wished me a happy birthday because he heard Lauren say it. He said it after class though which meant that he remembered it for an hour (which is impressive since he is not what you would call... how should I put it... very alert).

Fabian couldn't leave me alone today, not that it's surprising. Today he was on a roll, kept cracking jokes all through the tutorial making the other guys laugh and me feel sorry for his constant need for attention. God, the guy's pathetic. I was sitting far away from him (intentionally to avoid him). So instead of keeping to his side, he yelled my name across the room (while I was talking to Sophia). I ignored him the first few times because it was rude of him to interrupt. Couldn't he see I was talking to someone?! Obviously not because he wouldn't stop until I turned around. Then he said, "Sky, can you help me? I don't know what I'm doing." That was b*****t because he did the same thing last week. So I replied, "Ask the person next to you." So do you think he shuts up? Of course not. He goes to Jason, "Jase, I told you Sky hates me." Well genius, that took a while! Congratulations! You finally got it!

I'm sorry if I'm being too sarcastic but that guy annoys me so much.

Honestly, I don't hate him but I don't like him either. So if anyone thinks that I secretly like him just because he gets under my skin, you're very wrong!

At the end of the tutorial, Bill and Jason came up to talk to me which was strange since they never do. It was nice though. I like it when people find me comfortable to talk to, especially guys.

I forgot to mention that I saw Lara (from ODV) on the train today. She remembered my birthday. Then it turned out Amelia was on my train as well which was strange since she doesn't even live on my line but she said that on Tuesdays she always catches that train. I get to walk to uni with her! Excellent! I don't know why but lately I just love being with Amelia. If you met her, you'd understand. She is such a character.

On the way home, in the train, the back of the seat in front of me had "FUCK YOU" written on it. Guess what I did?! I made the phrase into "FUNKY YOU!" with stars around it! First, I thought about it but then I actually did it! I couldn't believe myself since I've never even written on desks. I just knew that if I wouldn't, I'd regret it and I also remembered someone saying, "I'd rather regret the things that I did instead of regretting things that I haven't done". But I don't even regret it. I actually feel proud of myself. It's like a birthday present for myself. I just feel that there is enough negativity in the world so why add to it?

I got a call from the bookshop, offering me a job!!! What a nice birthday present!

Happy Birthday to me!!!

No comments: