Tuesday, March 04, 2003

Left Behind

I went to uni today for the ODV training. It was ok. Everyone wandered around with their teams. There’s no one in my team that I’m friends with. At first, I thought the guys were pretty cool but it’s impossible to talk to them since they are always discussing things that I have no idea about. The girls are ok, I guess, but not easy to talk to either. I talked to some people from another team. They were more likeable.

A group of girls were talking about pregnancy. Is it me or is everyone talking about it? There was an article in the Sun-Herald about “pregnancy [being] the new black” and now this conversation. What is going on?! Maybe it’s just me noticing this because of my wish to be married and have kids. I don’t know.

I started noticing that people my age are not kids anymore and that feels weird. People my age have long-term partners, some live with them and some are getting married. Why am I being left behind? Does anyone else feel this way?

No comments: