Thursday, March 20, 2003

CNN Today

I have some time to kill before uni today so I was reading the CNN web site. I was never one of those people that's very interested in news but lately I've been reading and watching them quite a bit.

Stories that caught my eye:

World
Bahrain offers exile to Saddam
It'd be good if Saddam Hussein agreed and then Bahrain would give him up to the US who would jail the psycho for life. They'd probably torture and kill him to save jail space and because they are the US.

Technology
Looking into the mind of a virus writer
Interesting but scary. Makes me want to save all the computer's files on disk.

Science and Space
Searching for life in outer space
Those signals will probably turn out to be something really minor because that's what usually happens, unfortunately.

Health
Mystery bug may be common virus
After reading this, I started running out of breath. I'm such a hypochondriac.

Count cigarettes for lung cancer risk
I so passionately hate smoking that maybe this new piece of information will motivate people to quit or never start!

Education
Judge: No suspension for candy with religious message
Can you even imagine something like that happening in Australia?

Well, that's the news for today.

No comments: