Tuesday, March 18, 2003

A Long Day = A Long Entry

Today I had a lecture with Claudia again. I love that because having old friends with you is like having your family there, only better because I'd hate to have my family in the same lectures. Can you even imagine?! I just mean that it gives me this nice warm comfort that gets rid of all my anxieties (which are mainly pointless). We discussed April's and Amelia's birthday presents.

When the lecture finished and we were walking, some guy bumped into me. He said sorry and I didn't even pay that any attention until Fabian comes up and says, "Sky, that was me. I did it on purpose." In my head I was imagining Fabian's head being chopped off over and over again in an Ally McBeal cartoonish style (I'm not that dark!) to make myself feel better. I mumbled, "I didn't realise" to smooth over the situation. God, I can't stand him! He was walking behind me and Claudia most of the way. Then we bumped into Amelia which was quite exciting 'cause we had so much to talk about. We sort of stopped in the middle of the road, causing Fabian to genuinely bump into me. Amelia said, "Sky, I have to call you tonight!" which made me feel great. I told her that I won't be home before 9pm. Fabian heard our short conversation which was great because it showed that I have a life outside of uni that is so important that I have no need to pay attention to him. I swear he thinks he's the light of my life or something.

At a tutorial I had another incident with another up himself guy by the name of Jack. I'm sure I mentioned him before. He forgot to bring something that was necessary for the tutorial so he had the nerve to ask me to borrow mine since his tutorial was before mine. I wouldn't lend that guy a thing. Since he thinks that I like him, he probably thought that I'd give him anything. I guess he won't think that anymore which is great. Now he probably thinks that I'm greedy but I don't care. I'd rather he thought that than that I liked him.

I had lunch with Sophia who is one of those people that is likeable no matter how many faults they have. I find that if people are genuinely compassionate, their faults only make them easier to relate to and easier to like since I have so many faults of my own and can feel intimidated by seemingly perfect people. When she worries about something, she goes on and on about it. Strangely, it doesn't annoy or irritate me. I actually sympathise with her.

After lunch we went to our tutorial and guess who out of all people had to be in it? The 'King' Fabian! He came with Bill (angsty but nice guy), Warren (girl-crazy guy who looks and acts like a gangster) and Jason (a shy genius). Here's the conversation that took place:

Bill: Jase is a playa
Fabian (putting his arm around Jason): I'm a playa too
Warren: You said you want to play Sky

My eyes widened to the point where my eyebrows almost touched my hairline. The guys looked at my reaction. I mumbled something along the lines of "That would be scary!" trying to sound as if I'm kidding along with the rest of the losers. Fabian actually paused for a second because Warren obviously took him by surprise.

Fabian (jokingly): Sure! Of course, I am.

Then Norma comes. Fabian puts his arm around her.

Fabian: See, I'm a playa. Norma, I'm playing you.

Norma says something that I can't remember. The whole thing was obviously not bothering her.

As soon as we got into the room, I sat as far from Fabian as possible because I was really sick of him. I don't think that Warren would've said that out of nowhere. Fabian must've said something about me for him to say that. If he was serious and Fabian was just trying to get me to like him so he can play mind games with me, that wouldn't have ever worked because there's nothing he'd be able to do for me to like him. Well, unless he completely changed his personality, but then that wouldn't be Fabian.

During the tutorial he tried to joke with me which was very stupid because I feel so tense and uncomfortable whenever he's around that I wouldn't be able to find anything funny coming out of his mouth if my life depended on it. That's how much I can't stand the guy.

Some guy sat next to me and tried talking with me which usually would've made me very happy but since he was Asian, I couldn't care less. Did I ever say that I'm never attracted to Asian guys? I don't know why since I have nothing against Asians, especially since about 95% of my friends are Asian and I treasure them more than anything. Nadine said that she understood me which was nice to know that I'm not the only one who feels this way. I think it could be due to the fact that Asian guys look very feminine and I like masculine guys. I don't know...

Amelia is my favourite person at the moment. Every time I'm with her I have the best time. Today I ran into her when she was going home and I had 2 hours to waste (by myself) before my next (and last) subject. So does she say, "Sorry but I can't stay" or "That's too bad. I'd hate if that happened to me but I have to go"? No, she says, "Great! Now I can spend some time with you!" How can I not love that girl?!

We went to the cafeteria because she was hungry and I should've had something to eat since I was supposed to be at uni till 9pm. She bought lasagna just so she could satisfy her beef cravings (which I thought were temporary). I love talking with her because we have such fun(ny) conversations. She was telling me about the guy that is obsessed with her and I couldn't stop laughing because the way she says stuff is hilarious. For her birthday she's planning on going to all places that sell beef. She's crazy, but that's one of the reasons I adore her.

After we decided which guy was cute and which one wasn't, we went on one of our exploring adventures. I suggested we go to a place near the library that Nadine told me was really freaky because it's underground and like a maze. We couldn't find it so we went into the library. Since Nadine told me never to go on the top floors because supposedly there are only freaks there, Amelia and I went there. I said that the freaks are probably psychotic murderers. Amelia laughed and said "The freaks are probably just drug dealers or people having sex."

When we got there, the floor looked just like all the others. No weirdos in sight which disappointed Amelia. She said that we were not leaving until she sees a freak. The closest we found was a girl with different coloured socks (one yellow and one red). Although Amelia wasn't fully satisfied, we were distracted by the writings on the walls. I suggested that we leave a mark there as well. We ended up writing this (except for our names):

Amelia: I love you!
me: I love you too!
Amelia: Really?! Truly?! Liar!
me: I was actually serious. I know who you are.
Amelia: go to the 8th floor at 6pm next Wednesday to meet me

Then we went to the 8th floor and wrote the following (as close as I can remember) on the wall:

Amelia: You didn't come!
me: I did come. I was just a bit late. Meet me on the 7th floor at 6pm next Wednesday.
Amelia: The end. There's no future for us. I met a first year on the 4th floor. That's where all the cuties are!

I made her write the last part.

Then we left the library. I wonder if people who'll read it will realise that the whole thing was written by two friends as a joke to amuse themselves. If you're ever there, go and check it out!

Then she went home and I went to my lecture. She said she'll keep me company next week as well, especially since it's my birthday. She even offered to bring me a cake and sing happy birthday. She even gave me a little preview of her singing in front of everyone else. Hopefully she won't embarrass me. She said that she can just bring a muffin and put one candle in it. She's so sweet! I just wanted to give her a hug because she was making my day so wonderful.

When we were walking back, a guy from ODV smiled excitedly at me. I've only spoken to him once. It was nice though. I told Amelia that he was from ODV and she said that she thought it was just another freak. I wonder how many strange guys smile at her...

I left my last lecture early because I couldn't stop coughing. It was so embarrassing because my eyes were watering and this awful sound kept coming out of my throat. Now I have to find out what we have to do for next week. I hate catching up.

Just as I was writing this, someone called and disconnected the net. When I checked the number, it turned out to be Amelia's. I was curious why she would call me after I've already seen her today so I called back. She said that she didn't call, she was watching TV. That is very strange because I'm 95% sure it was her number.

Well, that was my day. How was yours?

No comments: